Agile Project Management with TFS
Many organizations say they are “doing agile” but are really just using an agile process template and doing daily stand-up meetings. Agile project management with TFS helps you apply the best agile practices to deliver value quickly and get feedback from your customers.
This 3-day training course starts with a refresh of the agile values and principles and quickly dives into practical exercises for agile project management that make use of the many supporting features of Microsoft Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server.
The students will be introduced to building and prioritizing a backlog, capturing agile requirements and acceptance criteria. They will then collaborate with their team to fulfill the requirements, triage bugs from QA, and actively measure and communicate the quality of the system-under-development.
- Project managers or scrum masters interested in learning more about high quality agile development on teams using Microsoft Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server
Participants will be able to
- Model requirements in user stories
- Capture testable acceptance criteria
- Manage and prioritize work items in Visual Studio TFS using Excel and Microsoft Project
- Size, prioritize, and define done for work items
- Understand development practices of TDD, BDD, and CI
- Understand the code-quality measures of code coverage, static code analysis, and bug metrics
- Read UML Class and Interaction Diagrams
- Promote team development practices including continuous test execution and continuous build, integration, and deployment
- Collect detailed information about bugs from testers and users
- Triage bugs from QA and assign to backlog, sprint plans, or individuals for resolution
- Incorporate bugs, new feature requests, and architectural concerns into a product backlog
- Link requirements records to requirements documents, PowerPoint wireframe diagrams, and other source material
- View automated burn-down, project velocity, and other metrics in the team dashboard
Customers also viewed