Agile Project Management
Congratulations! You have just been hired as the new project manager for a critical project! This class will take you through a project simulation, walking you through the project life-cycle while discussing all the major elements of your job as a project manager.
This 2-day instructor led course equips students with knowledge and techniques to effectively make critical project decisions and steer a team through the life of a software project. Through innovative, pertinent, hands-on exercises, you will be exposed to a variety of project management techniques and learn how to appropriately apply them.
- Project Managers
- Team Leads
- Software leadership experience
Participants will learn to
- Understand the responsibilities of a PM
- Recommend a suitable development method for the project
- Understand Agile Methods
- Understand how Lean Thinking applies to Project Management
- Effectively lead teams by understanding behavior profiles of team members
- Understand how to establish the project scope
- Produce and maintain a project schedule
- Identify, prioritize, and address risks
- Guide the definition of iteration task lists (backlogs)
- Understand how to establish requirements
- Apply various estimation techniques for project planning
- Define appropriate metrics to be collected
- Work with the project sponsor to define project deliverables
- Create major project artifacts
- Understand motivations of team members
Customers also viewed
Object-Oriented Analysis and Design: 3 days Hands-on Training Course
Object-Oriented Analysis and Design By promoting greater flexibility and maintainability, object-oriented technologies have proven to be widely popular in enterprise ...
Agile Software Development with Visual Studio™ & TFS: 4 days Hands-on Training Course
Agile Software Development This 4-day course starts with a refresh of the agile values and principles and quickly dives into real development, ...
Agile Quality Assurance with Microsoft® Test Manager and TFS: 3 days Hands-on Training Course
Agile Quality Assurance This 3-day course starts with a refresh of the agile values and principles and quickly dives into hands-on exercises ...
Agile Project Management with TFS and Microsoft® Visual Studio™: 3 days Hands-on Training Course
Agile Project Management with TFS Many organizations say they are “doing agile” but are really just using an agile process ...
Creating Object-Oriented Solutions using C#: 4 days Hands-on Training Course
Object Oriented Solutions using C# Working with an object-oriented language is a must-have skill in today’s business world. Most introductory ...
Continuous Integration Workshop: 2 days Hands-on
Continuous Integration Continuous Integration (CI) is a practice that serves as the “heartbeat” of agile software development teams. By simply ...
Agile Acceptance Testing: 2 days Hands-on Training Course
Acceptance Testing Agile endeavors seek to deliver quality working software sooner than traditional approaches. Knowing how much effort to place ...
Agile QA & TDD Workshop: 3 days Hands-on Training
Agile Test Driven Development Inevitably your agile teams will roadblock at QA. Often this is not due to the QA ...
Acceptance and Test Driven Development: 3 days Hands-on Training Course
Test Driven Development Using an object-oriented language does not guarantee that the solutions you create are high-quality, flexible, oe easy ...