Continuous Integration (CI) is a practice that serves as the “heartbeat” of agile software development teams. By simply building, deploying, and testing a system every time a developer checks in a change, you give all stakeholders assurance that the system is deliverable, deployable, and well-tested. This greatly reduces risks common to software development efforts and provides essential feedback to the team as they progress toward their goal.
In this 2 day instructor-led workshop, participants will learn how to continuously integrate their projects using freely available tools to automate every critical aspect of building, tracking, packaging and deploying software systems. They will understand the fundamental principles that make CI systems valuable and effective, and will learn how to create, maintain, and enhance CI systems for their own projects.
- Software developers and configuration management specialists
- Getting the most out of source control
- Creating a bulletproof build: Make it fast, reliable, and repeatable
- Principles of Continuous Integration
- CI Rituals
- Handling broken builds quickly
- When and how to gather metrics
- Automating deployment
- Incorporating tests into the build
- A review of CI tools
- Taking CI to the next level
Customers also viewed